Saturday, September 1, 2012

Inspiration

I think it is because I am still on a camp high, but I feel excessively inspired (if that is even possible)!  I am often told that I am an inspiration, but honestly I feed so much off of others triumphs that I feel like my inspiration to be the way I am comes from seeing other people.  I am very varied in where I get my inspiration from, but that is what makes me appreciate every person that much more.  All individuals have certain qualities that make them unforgettable.  At camp I really saw that I am beyond blessed, in terms of my disability and living condition.  The stories I heard and the amount of bravery and tenacity I saw made me appreciate my life even more.  There are also the cases of people I do not know in person, but through the Internet and media that inspire me to keep making goals for myself (in Glee words, "don't stop believing").  The following are just a few of the many people I appreciate are on this earth...

Talia: Is a teenage girl with two types of cancers that makes YouTube beauty videos.  She is such a bright spirit and has so much joy when she's talking about her make-up.  She does not let her cancer stop her from feeling beautiful :) http://m.youtube.com/user/taliajoy18

Ben Mattlin: A Harvard graduate who has SMA (like me!!!) and a writer for NPR, as well as other distinguished writing venues.  His new book was recently published, I loved the excerpt and I bet I will love the book (stay tuned for a post on the book)! http://www.benmattlin.com/

Ellen Degeneres: Ellen is like a crazier version of Oprah (in a good way). Ellen gives back so much to the world, she tries to lend a helping hand at all times.  She is one of my favorite media people because she knows that laughter is the best medicine! http://ellen.warnerbros.com/

I have many more people, famous and close friends that I admire that I will post on soon! In the wise words of Ellen, "Be kind to one another!" :)

Adios readers,
Yomara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment