Saturday, September 22, 2012

Being Sick

I am sorry, but the fall goals post will have to be on hold and you will have to endure this post on my being sick, may not be fun to read but at least it's medically informative, okay not really! I'm actually feeling a lot better because I started writing this post on Thursday, but honestly I am doing good. Thank you God! :)

So being sick and having SMA type 2 is kind of tricky to say the least, but at least it isn't type 1. So my lungs are not normal, meaning they don't have the lung capacity of a normal human being, but my oxygen stats and coughing power is completely normal. Back to being sick...

So usually I get a miserable combination of symptoms, like the following: earache, nose aches, runny nose, stuffy nose, wheezes, and the worst would be to end up with pneumonia (which has only happened twice, when I was 3 and 7). I know if I'm dangerously sick if I lose my appetite, which has not happened in 3 years (when I got swine flu). So enough of scaring you all, I decided to post this so you know my tips to get better! :)

Drink A LOT of water, eat oranges, eat in general, and albuterol treatments (for people with my weak lungs). Take supplements, like vitamins and all those fun things. If you feel like you can't breathe or pain or your illness has lasted more than 3-5 days, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! Nothing is worth putting on hold for your health! Oh yeah DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR BY ANY MEANS, (but I do know a lot of doctors ;) hahaha) SO GO TO A DOCTOR AND FIND OUT HOW SICK YOU ARE! Sometimes I get an antibiotic and those are life savers! Nonetheless people, drink lots of water and eat healthy! Stay healthy my readers, because healthy people are happy people! :) I virtually pinky promise the fall goals post on Thursday or Friday. I start school tomorrow, so excited!!! :)

Adios readers,
Yomara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment