Friday, September 7, 2012

Advocacy

I am all about advocacy, especially for people with disabilities.  The thing is I am not so good at actually advocating for the bigger group as a whole.  The only real community advocating for people with disabilities I feel I have actually collaborated in was my research paper from a couple posts ago.  Honestly advocating, even just for myself scares me because although society has grown in its acceptance towards people with disabilities it is still a situation I find unpleasant.  I guess this blog is my form of advocacy, in a write to inform people what I can do and what I do differently.  My reason for this post is mostly to admire another writer's handiwork.  Kyann, a delightful girl with muscular dystrophy I met at camp also has a blog.  Kyann's posts really get to the point, and her writing bleeds advocacy for everyone!  She provides exact examples and does all of her research to prove her point, which is right!  You could say I praise her because we're friends, but no lie go check out the link.  Kyann your writing is so B.A., I admire it!  I am biased and love her Camp Promise post the most! :) http://lameperspective.blogspot.com/

Adios readers,
Yomara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment