Thursday, August 14, 2014

If only I could grasp reality

There's rumors of there being a cure for people with my disability, Spinal Muscular Atrophy.  I'm excited, but I'm hesitant.  I've been waiting for this news for so long and although nothing is open to all of us with this condition the clinical trials will be starting soon and up until now there has only been good results.  There have not been any side effects and so far the only limitation it has is that it cannot be injected into those that have spinal rods (such as myself and many others) but the pharmaceutical company working on this cure is already looking to alter it for those that need it.  This advancement in medicine (along with my recent addiction to Grey's Anatomy) has made me realize that medicine is advancing at an exponential rate.

If you wish to donate to SMA research and the rest of the neuromuscular diseases please visit MDA.org  

Adios readers,
Yomara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment