Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pink

So this week I did some pretty good creative writing(although technically you cannot give creative a grade, unless there are requirements that must be made). Nonetheless I didn't feel it was worthy of posting.

Back to the point I was trying to make, I have decided to post today on a Saturday, instead of my usual Sunday because I didn't post Thursday or Friday, so as an apology I would post a day sooner. This all made sense in my head a couple of minutes ago...

The real purpose of this post, hence the title "Pink" is to bring awareness to Breast Cancer month! All of October many stores and companies make the change to sell something pink or donate a percentage of their profits or ask for donations or any combination of those. I have so much respect towards everyone dealing with any kind of cancer or illness, but its so great to see that the survival rate of people with breast cancer has gone up so much. If we all unite for this cause then we can stop this disease from ruining lives!!! I donated five dollars at Ulta and others stores like Old Navy, or food stores are accepting donations as well. I can't say enough to go to the doctor and do all preventative studies that are recommended to you by your doctor. Early detection is your advantage against cancer, use it!!! My mother's half-sister had a malignant tumor several years ago, but with its removal she was fine. Not all cancer stories are this simple, but every fighter/survivor deserves a round of applause. Thank you for reading! :)

To donate: http://www.komen.org/

Adios readers,
Yomara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment