Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ellen DeGeneres

So I am busily working on finals, but also on getting on the Ellen show.  The paragraph below is what I messaged her, there was a character limit so I could not make it too long.  I am working on making templates of letters so people that know me or read this blog can simply copy and paste a message to her.  People truly close to me have to write their own, like Ali, which she already did.  The journey has begun readers, let's hope I get to my destination! :)

Hi Ellen, my name is Yomara and I am writing to you with a purpose.I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 2, which is why I use a wheelchair.I am very blessed in that I attend a University on a full scholarship and that I am typing this to you with my own hands.My reason for writing you is so that you can help me with a dream I have.I had the pleasure of attending Camp Promise, a camp for people of all ages with neuromuscular diseases, summer 2012.All my life I was too scared to attend any type of camp, but I was persuaded by friends that I should attend this one, and I am SO glad I did.Camp Promise started after MDA camp was cancelled due to swine flu, and it opened it's doors to campers of all ages, while most camps deny entrance at the age of 18 or 21.Camp is only a week, but Ellen this was the best week of my life.Camp Promise is all about laughing, dancing, friendships pranks, and fun (all qualities of your show as well)!Ellen I would love to be on your show for it's tenth season and talk about camp and all its AWESOMENESS.I made a promise to myself that I would be on your show during my Spring break (March 25-29) for one day and tell you about all the amazing volunteers and all the campers that make my heart smile.My 21st birthday is on April 9th and this would be the best present EVER to help spread the word of the 5th anniversary of Camp Promise and get people to donate to this AMAZING camp!Camp Promise is like a town in that it is my metaphorical heaven!

Adios readers,
Yomara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment